"If the world were good for nothing else, it is a fine subject for speculation. "



William Hazlitt

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I have recently descouvered that a lot of people are going thruogh or have just been through the same situation as we are at the moment, but it is funny how money is still a toboo subject amoung friends and family.

I have found great comfort in confinding in my friends and my family, but my husband still does not want these people to know what he earns or what we owe he thinks that, well I am not sure why he thinks this exactly. But I have simply found that I can learn from my friends and family and their mistakes and triumphs. I also know that money was not something that I was taught much about as a kid and its not a tradition that I want to pass onto my children I would like to teach them how to stay in front of the budget and not always be playing catch up the way we always seem to be.



I have also decided that alot of people spend very differently at the grocery store and I have been researching this a little over the past few months as to see if what I spend on groceries is okay or extravigant.

It turns out I am about mid range I think, with a budget of $180 a week although we very rarley actually spend this much, I know thats what I can afford ( and this includes things like cleaning, tioletries, medicine and toilet paper and stuff like that.)

I am also keeping track of what I spend on groceries each week in a book and I just thought of going through and making a spread sheet or something to track the price cycle kind of like at the petrol pump where in our local area the cheap day is about thursday so we try and make that the day we fuel up so if I track the food price cycle I might be able to do the same thing.

I am still trying to cut our grocery bill down but with three kids and a husband that is an almost impossible task.

I would love to hear any tips on cutting down your grocery bill or how much you spend at the register!

thanks and I will talk yo you all soon.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment