"If the world were good for nothing else, it is a fine subject for speculation. "



William Hazlitt

Monday, May 17, 2010

Took the kids to daycare on the bus on Tuesday, and this is the thing I don't get cause it would not cost me the $7.20 in petrol that it cost me to catch the two buses there and then home again.

It also would not take me nearly three hours to walk that far in fact if I thought that the kids would make it I would have just walked the whole way as it used to only take me half an hour each way and that was when I was about six our seven months pregnant.

so my question is this what is the incentive for the general public to catch public transport?

It is not convenient, it is not cheap and it is not quick.

I mean I get it if you are on your way out and it is cheaper then a taxi but then you are not really in a hurry and if you have to go into the city for work where is little or no parking, and I get that some people have no other choice, but what about the rest of us I mean those of us who have lots of errands to run and only a limited amount of time to do them in ?

I am as you may know a stay at home mum ( for the moment anyway) and when I look at what I would like to get done today I know I could have used those two extra hours a lot better and what if I was not a stay at home mum and had to catch public transport to drop the kids at day care and then get too work?

If I worked in the city and started at 8 Am I would have to get up at about 5am and have the kids at daycare at 6 to 6.30 am and then get into the city by at least 7.30 am and I know for a fact that the buses around here do not start that early. it makes for a very long and argues day don't you think?
Talk to you all soon.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment